Pages

Tuesday 24 March 2015

Title: Position and Orientation


Description: We have been learning about Position and Orientation with Eb. It is a part of our learning about Geometry at maths time.

WALT: give and follow directions using, left, right, up, down, North, South, East and West

Questions:

1. What major landmarks can you see from the Plaza? Bus stop, And city Library.

2. What is the closest landmark North-West from McDonalds? UNITED VIDEO.

3. What direction is the Arena from United Video? South West.

4. After the doctors I turn right down Victoria Ave and turn right at the round about. I travel South-West until the main road. Turn left. Follow road and stop at the 3rd right turn.Travel South-West and stop at the bottom corner of the square. What am I doing?...

a) Going Shopping ☑️        
b) Getting a Sandwich at Subway        
c) Getting a library book        
d) Hiring a DVD


5. Create your own instructions for someone to follow using the language you have learned.
At McDonald's go north west up Princess st. Turn second left onto Main st. Go down Main st. To the side of the square. Where are you?

A) Going on the bus
B) Going shopping
C) Getting a DVD



Feedback/feedfoward: I liked how you took the Picture of the map. Next time you could make the picture a little bit lighter. Kai.

Evaluation: I thought it was very fun because I knew it would be helpful when I am lost in the wild. I think I could give directions to other people. 

1 comment:

  1. I think you are right Ross. The skills you have learned will help you in the future find your way around unfamiliar places.

    I wonder if you might want to check some of your answers again. Especially question 1. Do you think you should be able to see around a corner to the bus stop? Have a look next time you are in town.

    ReplyDelete